Tuesday 7 December 2010

*A FEW FESTIVE DISPLAYS*

*~* A little bit more like normal this week*~*
After our the adverse weather we experienced over the last 10 days things seem to be getting back to normal...I did make the wedding celebrations over the weekend and it was a lovely family get together..The happy couple went off to Edinburgh for their honeymoon but blimey they have had real bad snow..Back to what has been going on here..I have added a couple of snowy pics perfect for this time of the year..firstly our backyard at dawn..
More like coffee time now LOL
                                           
                       I had to share these..A neighbours front door and the most perfect icicle tree..
                       My boys were in awe of this and said it would take ages to eat them all HA HA
 Now for a few festive displays...I took the oppotunity whilst snowed in to decorate my home..One of my newest Santas and a window decoration that is on the outside..Greens..pinecones with berries and a flying reindeer..
 My prim pencil tree with all handcrafted decorations from various artists that I have collected over the years and love to add too..
 Love this on my kitchen door..
 My kitchen window..
 Along the hallway..Up the stairs is my barn lounge..
 Bedroom window..My favourite handmade bear..
 Upstairs landing window..
 On the stairs..
 Finally my sitting room..I love this tree and the box..I did a prim swap with Jen of Taylors*Farmhouse*Attic and along with some other fantastic prims she sent this lovely box..I couldn't believe when I opened the lid how much work she had put into it..I love the stitching..Thanx again Jen...
I just need to pull on my wellies and go up the woods for my fresh greens now and I am ready for Santa..Snow is still a bit deep so will have to wait a couple of days though..
Well that is it for now and I am on track with my orders and Christmas shopping..The weather has settled for a bit and things seem back to normal..I hope everyone is well and keeping warm..*~*Blessings*~*

10 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Hey Angi:) Wow, ya'll still have alot of snow sittin' there. Love your Christmas decorations. They'd all look perfectly prim in my home;) I like your style. So we're in the teens, temp wise, here in Ohio. Brrr cold! We'll keep those fires burnin'. You stay warm too gal:) Happy Holidays!
Hugs~Carol

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Angi, I love your home and all your displays. The snow pictures are just beautiful!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful photos of outside! Pretty Ice Tree!
The decorations are so pretty!
Your home is looking so very festive!

thanks for sharing the beauty!
Teresa

Christine said...

Hi Angi! Great to hear you made your sister's wedding!
Your prim Christmas decor is amazing and something I can only dream about!
LOVE it all!
Keep warm!
Christine

Farm Field Primitives said...

My favorite is the sitting room....I think. Everything looks amazing. I love your deep window sills and your great displays you have on them. The snow makes it look so festive. Have a great day.
~Melissa~

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What beautiful decorations you have.
Prim Blessings! Robin

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Everything looks wonderful! Love it!

Carmen and the Primcats

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

Hey Girls
thank you kindly for taking the time to leave such lovely comments..I do love to hear what you think.. Angi ♥♥

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

I heard that you all were getting lots of snow...wow! Your Christmas decorating is beautiful...it's inspiring!

Thanks for visiting me and for all your kind comments!

Sending hugs and blessings ~ Jenn

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh goodness, that's lots of snow... yikes! So glad you were able to make the wedding. That icicle tree is awesome! My kids love those things and would constantly be over in the neighbors yard, haha!

Your Christmas decor is prim wonderful, Angi! I love it all.