Friday, 30 January 2009

DRY SINK MAKE-OVER


I wanted to share a great make-over that took place this week..The pictures show work in progress..I was given an old pot cupboard a number of years ago which I added some knobs too just to cheer it up and it proved a great storage piece for the kids toys..During a conversation with a great friend of mine Sarah..we thought it would make a great mock DRY SINK..Her hubby is fab at the woodwork and has now made various prim cubbies and shelves for other prim lovers and just loves a challenge I might add...He wanted in on the project..I emailed my measurements off to him and along with Sarah they designed the top and then Steve got to work with the wood and paint...At home at my end I got out my brushes and gave the old cupboard a prim paint job...I had picked up some old black knobs a while back still with their big wooden screws and attached them..I was all done and so was Steve..I just had to sit back and wait for the postie..We started this project on the monday 40 miles apart and the top arrived on thursday..I couldn't wait to get the wrapping off and put the top in place..It was just perfect...All that was left for me to do was add my prim bits..I just know you will agree the old pot cupboard now has a new lease of life..XX..*~*Blessings*~*

1 comment:

Kinderfalls Primitives said...

It's beautiful Angi, I adore old furniture. Pam xx