Wednesday 28 July 2010

*A GOOD DAY ALL ROUND*

AND A GIRLS FAVOURITE THING A BARGAIN
With the school holidays just starting over here in the U.K it is a constant battle to occupy the kids from day to day and yes I must admit I like a bit of time-out too..Off we went to the car-boot today which is held on a large rugby field around a 40 minute drive away..Today there must have been 200 cars all with their boots open.. it is just ordinary people selling their unwanted household junk or treasure to others LOL..I have added a pic of my goodies today and can't believe I only spent £10..
When I got home the postie had been and left me a note to say I had parcels in the old suitcase.. the hiding place he pops them in when I am out..I opened the first one and it was my goodies from my dear friend Sarah..Oh I love parcels from her..
Then I noticed the U.S post mark on the next one and just knew it was from Sally at Country Heritage Primitives..My new judy book..And as always a lovely little freebie..
Now to end my perfect day..get the boys away to bed early..shower..jammies on and curl up on the settee with my new book..Oh yeh and get hubby to bring me a coffee..Hope everyone has a good day I know I have..*~*Blessings*~*

5 comments:

Christine said...

You only spent £10???? What fab bargains!
Sounds like the perfect evening in to me!

Karen ~ Life In A Primitive English Cottage said...

Hi Angie, aren't Car Boots just a great way to find hidden treasures? It is years since I went to one but I know from past experience "one man's junk is another man's treasure"!

You got some great bargains there, did you have to do any haggling as I know that is a major part of the car booting tradition around these parts, thanks for sharing your finds.

Hugs,
Karen

Firecracker Kid said...

Ahh, what a clever event. I'd never heard of car booting. I suppose that's familiar with our flea markets and farmer's markets. You've taught me something new today:) I'm happy for ya that ya had a great day:) Hug~Carol

Daughternature Primitive Folk Art said...

Hi Angi - So glad to have you stop by my blog yesterday. Wish I had been there to share in your fun day treasure hunting. smiles - BJ

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Sounds like a perfect ending to a good day! I just love when I receive things in the mail from my prim friends! You just know it's gonna be something wonderful no matter what it is. =]